Monday, March 8, 2010

Weight Loss Goal: Week 1

As promised, here is my update on my weight loss goal.  Just to recap, my goal is to lose 20 pounds.  If I succeed in losing this weight, I will be the lightest I've been since college.  This week, however, wasn't such a good week.  I started off strong, watched what I ate, worked out a few times, things were looking good.  Then the weekend hit.  On Friday I went out to lunch with my coworkers and 1400 calories later was sitting in a food coma back at my desk.  Then I got home and my family's Friday night ritual is to go out for dinner so we ordered Outback (side note: Alice Springs Chicken Quesadillas are amazing).  On Saturday Lis, my wife, and I got to go away for the night sans kids.  This was great but we ate gas station bags of goodies on the way down and this sketchy Italian restaurant for dinner.  Sunday wasn't much better because I was too lazy to make something healthy for myself and ordered pizza.  Needless to say, I gained a pound this week.  So my 20 pound goal is now 21 pounds.  Hopefully I can stay on track this week and get to my goal.  Maybe I need a time frame on my goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment