Saturday, February 27, 2010

A simple Thank You

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.  
~Oscar Wilde

It's amazing how much a simple thing like saying "Thank You" can do.  It very quickly show someone that you appreciate something they have done.  I was raised to understand the importance of saying "Please" and "Thank you", so throughout my life I have tried to make sure that I say thank you to those who do something that they wouldn't have to do and just do it out of kindness.

One thing that I have not been good about is thank you notes.  I believe I have written thank you notes three times in my life, high school graduation, college graduation, and 0.02% of my wedding thank you notes (Thank you honey for doing all the rest!).  There have been times where I have had the motivation to write them for other events (I even acquired the notes to write on), but have fallen short of my goal.

Today is my birthday, so in the spirit of improving myself with small changes, I am going do a better job of acknowledging the kindness that people will be showing me today and fully thank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment